|Executive secretary of NEWS
Prof. Mića Jovanović, Ph. D. Rector of Megatrend University
Professor Mića Jovanović was born in Knjazevac, Eastern Serbia, in 1953. He had completed high school in Bor (1972) and graduated from Faculty of Political Sciences, University of Belgrade in 1976. He acquired a master's degree in the field of work sociology from the same school in 1979. He defended his first doctoral dissertation at London University in 1983 (Management and Industrial Relations) and his second one (Organizational Sciences) at University of Maribor in 1991.
He had started his university career immediately after graduation in 1976 and was elected full-time university professor in 1996.
He taught at Belgrade University between 1976 and 1991 (with interruptions because of his stays in England) and from 1991 at Megatrend Business School. Between 1997 and 1999 he was Dean of Graduate School of Management in Zajecar. He was elected Rector of Megatrend University in Belgrade in 1999.
Between 1983 and 1989 he was a visiting professor at many foreign universities, such as: London School of Economics (1983), Bradford University (1983), Portsmouth Polytechnics (1983), Berlin Frei Universitat (1987), Okayama University, Japan (1989), University of Tokyo(1991), Ecole Superieure de Commerce Grenoble (1997- ), Seoul National University (1998). Between 1983 and 1989 he was a member of Massachusetts Institute of Technology research team for the project on "The Future of Auto- Moto Industry Operations Focusing on Production Process Robotization".
Professor Jovanovic has been the President of International Expert Consortium in London since 1991. He served two terms as the member of Euro-Asia Management Studies Association Executive Committee with headquarters in Tokyo and Berlin.
He is the President of General Cosmology Research Laboratory in Paris.
Professor Jovanovic has been awarded ”The Knight of the Fleur de Lys”, the title of a British Order.
He is also the winner of the Cultural and Educational Community Award of Belgrade (2002) for his book “Intercultural Management”.
For the excellent results in business undertakings, educational projects and contribution to our cultural environment during 2003 and 2004 he was officially nominated (2004 and 2005)“the Businessman of the Year” - positioning himself among the top most successful businessmen in the country. In April 2006, he received ‘Zlatni beocug’, the prestigious award for his continuous contribution to Belgrade culture.
Awards and Acknowledgments of Prof. Mića Jovanović, Ph. D.
During his long career, Prof. Mića Jovanović, Ph. D. received many awards and acknowledgements domestic and foreign:
• Knight of the British Order of the Fleur de Lys.
• Cultural and Educational Community of Belgrade awarded Prof. Mića Jovanović in 2002 with the Golden Badge for the book Inter Cultural Management.
• In 2006 a Golden Link was presented to Prof. Jovanovic for the permanent contribution to the culture of Belgrade.
• In 2007 he was presendet with the International Socrates Award from the Oxford University for the achievement in science, education and culture.
• In 2007 Prof. Mića Jovanović the awadr from Grenoble Ecole de Management for the extraordinary pedagogical achievement.
• In the organization of European Movement and First European House, Prof. Mića Jovanović was awarded with Grand Awarding Ceremony for International Achiements the Best European for 2007 award, for the results in science, culture and education.
• At the ceremony of awarding of international acknowledgements by the European Assembly in Vienna, held on December 8th 2008 by the European Assembly, Megatrend University and Prof. Jovanovic, were given the European Quality Award in the area of education.
• In 2009 Professor Jovanovic was elected the expert of the Social and Economic Committee of the European Parliament in Brussels.
• The Medal for significant contribution to European Integration was presented to Prof. Jovanovic by the Republic of Italy in 2009.
• In 2010 the Cultural and Educational Community of Serbia awarded the Golden Badge to Prof. Mića Jovanović, Rector of Megatrend University, for the contribution to the culture development of Serbia.
• In June 2011, Prof. Mića Jovanović was pronounced the Manager of The Year, within the competition executed by the Belgrade Chamber of Commerce, FTN in Novi Sad and Media Invent Novi Sad.
Professor Jovanovic is the author of more than 80 scientific and professional papers published both in Serbia and abroad. He is also the author of five books published internationally: „Self-Management Sociology“ (1980), „69 Lessons of Management“ (1991), „Intercultural Management“ (2001), „Work Motivation and Self-Management“ (London, 2002), „Busines-Art de Vivre“ (2008), „The Power of The Mind-The History of Megatrend University 1989-2009“ (2010).
He is also a co-author of : "Strategic Management“ (1990, witht the group of authors) „What is Behind The Japanese Miracle“ (with Sung-Jo Park, London-Berlin, Tokyo, 1995),„Organizational Behavior“ (1999, with Mirjana Petkovic) „Strategic Management“ (with Ana Langovic, 2001) „Project Management“ (with Ana Langovic, 2001), „Organizational Behavior“ (with Momcilo Zivkovic and Tatjana Cvetkovski, 2003), Intercultural Challenges of Globallization“ (with Ana Langovic, 2006), „Before The Bing Bang“ (with Igor and Grishka Bogdanoff, 2006) „The Pinciples of Human Resource Management“ (Zivko Kulic and Tatjana Cvetkovski, 2008) „Project Management“ (with Ana Langovic and Slavica Kostic-Nikolic, 2010).
He presented his papers at more than 30 international and national academic conferences and conventions.